This page details advertising specifications for online advertising with Tarawera Publishing Ltd websites
- Banner specifications
- Newsletter Inclusions
- Sponsored Content
As a general rule TPL follows IAB Guidelines and standards.
|Size||Name||GIF, JPG, PNG||Looping|
|728 x 90 or 760 x 120||Leaderboard||40 KB||continuous|
|300 x 250||Medium Rectangle (MREC)||40 KB||continuous|
|160 x 600||Skyscraper||40 KB||continuous|
|300 x 600||Wide Skyscraper||40 KB||continuous|
HTML5. HTML5 files need to be zipped up and must be validated here for us to accept them:
This is one tool available to validate files: https://h5validator.appspot.com/dcm#/asset
Third party-served ads can be accommodated, eg: Using Doubleclick tags.
We offer inclusions in our newsletters using a custom 600 x 100 size.
This can only be a .gif file and needs to be less than 40KB in size.
Below is an example of a Newsletter inclusion.
You need to supply:
Words - 500 max. You can also include images but keep them small, ie: no more than 100KB each. Best formats are .gif and .jpeg. No animation allowed.
We have upgraded the package and you can brand up the page with a 760x120 banner across the top and a 300 x 250 in the article.
Specs: Measurements in pixels, max size 40KB, format either .gif, or HTML5. If HTML 5 files need to be zipped up and validated before sending.
Sponsored Content remains on the site unless an end date is supplied.
eDMS are one of our premium products that allows you to directly contact relevant databases. With this service your message is sent via email to selected databases of newsletter subscribers. . Your message can include images and logos.
Specifications and guidelines
- Client to supply HTML as ready to go
- Images can be used but should be kept to less than 100KB. .gif images are best of photographs and .jpeg recommended for images and logos.
- Maximum image width is 600KB. No animation allowed.
- Remote host all images that should be displayed in the email. Do not include images using relative paths e.g. <img src="images/pic.jpg">
- We advise not to create HTML files from Word documents. Be aware different email clients will view HTML code differently.
- Client to provide subject line. (Do not make it all Upper Case).
- Allow two working days to prepare and test files. Client to sign off test prior to sending.
To insert first name, where one is recorded in our database use [Name,fallback=]
For Unsubscribe use <unsubscribe>Unsubscribe here</unsubscribe>
More technical stuff...
- Keep HTML CSS clean and simple, use tables for positioning, not layers or divs
- CSS is not to be included in the HTML header
- CSS must be embedded in the body of the file
- Inline CSS is recommended.